Friday, September 16, 2011

Un gato negro-good thing I know animals, colors, and numbers

Somehow we make it to the airport just 5 mins late, so early my time, and we start looking for a guy holding a board with my name on it. ricardo (couch surfer) talks to the shuttle drivers while I stand around looking lost and for my board, ricardo finds my shuttle but knows way more than i do and that even if I get to antigua I might not make it to san pedro my final destination because most shuttles have shut down for elections so he and the shuttle driver decide my fate and call the school and ricardo my savoir was right no shuttles will go to san pedro today so I have to stay in antigua. ricardo offers to drive me to antigua and get me set up there and even though I'm still a little worried about relying on someone I barely know I'm more worried about going to antigua on my own unable to communicate.so back in ricardos car I go.we stop at this awesome restaurant over looking antigua that has amazing sculptures everywhere and its this crazy mix of super classic marble sculptures and uber modern and kind of weird sculptures (pictures are coming,i just need to figure out a way to upload them) the food is super fancy and delicious and on top of it ricardo won't let me pay for anything so its free.afterwards we go to antigua and look for hostels and we find one he was told is gringo city (un gato negro), and it is. I feel like l walked into a hooka bar in boulder, bob marley is playing and the hostel worker has dread locks.ricardo has him show me around, then calls my shuttle and arranges them to pick me up directly at the hostel.i say goodbye to ricardo my life line and sleep for the first time in two days.

1 comment:

  1. I love the title lol...a black cat? yes. This is where all those years of spanish class pays off.

    ReplyDelete