Friday, September 23, 2011

For the worms

Today we visited an organic coffee farm/processing plant, honey farm, composting facility and natural dye association.i was obviously super interested and learned so much about how to make fertilizer and I think it could definitely be possible for kids on a dump so that's super exciting and I learned so much about the difficulties of exporting fully produced coffee which was so interesting, its all about little farmers being connected,because otherwise you need a big plant to process enough coffee in the final stages of roasting and grinding to make enough to export.but I know much more now and when I talked to my spanish teacher about it she said an association across the lake introduced mushroom production and its super easy for busy woman that take care of the house as well, no training necessary, and an excellent export so I am looking into visiting them and learning about that, as it could be a great resource!

I got to ride in the back of a caged pick-up truck to the association, it was like the scene in the titanic where they go to front of the boat and spread their arms, so exhilarating, and exciting, and like the taxi of guat, sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment